Friday, July 9, 2010

Blister!!!!

Not too much to say today. I was only able to walk 4km yesterday, because the blister that encompases my entire little toe became pretty bad. I´ll spare you the gory details, but it became a bit bloody. MJW - you´d definitely be grossed out. My ¨rest day¨ yesterday enabled me to go 11km today, which is better. I just went to the Farmacia and got some blister plasters - we´ll see if they work. I´ve heard from Sasha from New Zealand that they are superb. I hope she´s right. :)
People here in Europe are much more comfortable with their bodies than we are. It´s wonderful. It takes some getting used to, I admit, to see blue hairs walking around in just their bras on a hot day, and old men with their bellies bouncing a bit as they walk down the street, but I love it. I spent about an hour at a municipal pool yesterday afternoon, and I was one of 2 people in a one-piece (the other was wearing Hello Kitty) - EVERYONE else was in a bikini. Even the mothers, one of which was about my size but had about 30 years on me.
I´m loving how far money goes when you´re a pilgrim. I have to confess that it´s one of the reasons I haven´t quit just yet - I´ve spent about 110 € in a week. That includes housing, meals, sunscreen, soap, everything. It´s cheaper than living in DC for that amount of time, that´s for sure! Who ever thought you could go on vacation and save money?
Mom said the other day that when I get home she´s treating me to a pedicure - it´s one of the things I´m most looking forward to! My feet are nasty! I´ve seen worse on this trip, though, that´s for sure!
I´m so tan you might not recognize me. :)

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking about how tan you would be when you get home. I bet you are as tan as you used to be when you were just a wee tot running the beaches of Florida when we visited your dad's parents. You would get so brown!. Glad to hear you got the blister packs. I'm hoping they work. Okay now I have to treat you to a pedicure! HA you can bet it will feel great. Love you and miss you like crazy - just about 1/2 finished and that much closer to coming back to the US. You better come back, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, no old men in Speedos? Bummer! Hope your blister gets better. Keep blogging and enjoy yourself. Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sara I never thought I'd hear from you again today! So happy things sound better. Tan, you lucky dog. wish I had one. I bet you looked the best on the beach! How was the water? Is it still hot overthere? We sure had a heat wave. I didn't play golf because of it. I sure enjoy seeing your enjoying it more. Don't get to friendly with those pot belleys. Ha! love you and can't wait till you come home.

    ReplyDelete