Saturday, July 24, 2010

Glorious Santiago

I´VE MADE IT!! I´m here, in Santiago, and I´m so happy about that. The walk is all done, and I have to say I´m not the least bit sad about it.
I made it to the Pilgrim Office (well, the end of the line) at 11:42, and was getting my Compostela at 2:24. More than 2 1/2 hours of standing in line. But I got to see some cool things as I was waiting, so that was good.
After I got my Compostela I changed clothes, put my bag in a baggage office, visited the information office to see about what they were doing with all the extra pilgrims (nothing - we get to camp out, I guess), and went shopping. I just got back from walking to and from the train station to see about getting an earlier train to Madrid, but everything´s full. So I´m keeping what I´ve got.
I´m pretty tired. Can´t think of much to write about. Maybe I´ll come back tomorrow or Monday.

Home soon.

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so proud of you! I knew you would do it. I can't wait to see you. Enjoy your last week or so there. Make the most of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'mm glad to see home soon! Enjoy the rest of your time. be glad to see you!!!!! Sounds like your ready. Love you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're having a great time, now that you've made it. Soak up the culture and the festivities.
    Have a great time traveling about now. Can't wait to see you and talk about your adventure when you get home. Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA!!! CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to hear all the storie/ see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYYYYY!! Good job Sari! I am so amazed by you. I can't believe how far you walked! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete